Sunday, December 13th, 2015
Awards NightKendall Wanderers wrapped up the year with the annual Christmas party last Saturday in Stoddards Bar. A successful year was had
- The A team being pipped to second spot on the last day of the season by GPS Omens.
- The over 30s A came second in the OTHSL Division 2 South, but won the Division 2 play-offs.
- The over 30s B topped the OTHSL Division 4 South and won the play-offs.
- The over 40s having won division 6 in the fall, lost the league on the last day of season and will surely bounce back next Spring.
Individual honors were also given out on the night, the worthy winners are listed below
- Players Player - Eric Robertson
- Managers Player - Francis Mulkern
- Players Player - Ethan Bates
- Managers Player - Andy Muir
- Players Player - Steve Gage
- Managers Player - Alex Mazotta
- Players Player - John O'Toole
- Managers Player - Phil Keane
- Players Player - Chris Pearce
- Managers Player - Andrew Scheufele and Dan O'Reagan
- Players Player - Mike McCormack
- Managers Player - Alberto Aramayo
Special mention to Aidan Finnan for winning Club Man of the Year
Onto next season, g'wan the Kendall
Friday, 1st May, 2015
This weekend and last weekends roundup
Saturdays BSSL Cup action
- The As take on Sports Identity at 2 pm in Danehy Park
- The Bs play Mass United at 3:30 pm in Waltham
Sunday see's 3 games
- The Over 30s As make an early morning trek to Worchester Academy to take on table toppers Southborough United
- The Over 30s Bs take on Medfield at 10 am in Madison Park High School
- The table topping over 40s take on Acton-Boxboro Utd in Boxboro at 9 am
Only one game took place last Saturday, with the B game vs MPS being called off due to the pitch being in poor condition. Unfortunately the Cs fell to a two nil loss to Washington Square
Sunday was a lot more successful
- NEOTHSL O30 Div 4S: Peru Sport 0-7 Kendall B (Radu Brestyan [hat trick], Justin Teman , Chris Pearce and Ryan Cleverdon)
- NEOTHSL O40 Div 6C: Arlington Fossils 0-1 Kendall (Barry Roche from the spot) Report here here
- NEOTHSL O30 Div 2S: Boston White Eagles 1-2 Kendall A (Phil Keane and Jonah Fontella) Report here
- Werner Fricker USASA Open Cup Region I Qualifiers : Kendall A 2 - 0 New York Pancyprians Freedoms (Robbie Sabadoz and Mike Bridges)
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015
US Open Cup
Last December saw Kendall fight back from 0-2 to emerge as 3-2 winners (2 goals from Marco Inzunza and one from Zubin Pinkham) against GPS in the final of the US Open Cup MA. This Sunday sees Kendall move to the next stage of this competition for the first time and take part in the 2015Werner Fricker USASA Open Cup Region I Qualifiers.
Kendall are entering in the quarter finals where they will host New York Pancyprians Freedoms in Progin Park, Lancaster at 1:30. Other teams in the quarter finals include teams from up and down the east coast
- Hammers FC (Virginia/Washington DC area)
- FC Motown (New Jersey )
- Dulles Sportsplex Aegean Hawks FC (Maryland)
- West Chester Majors (Eastern Pennsylvania)
- Rhode Island Oceaneers (Rhode Island)
- Newtown Pride FC (Connecticut)
Success in this competition leads to entry into the 2016 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup where the top 91 teams in the country take part and the MLS teams enter in the 4th round. So come on out to Progin Park in Lancaster at 1:30 on Sunday and give the lads your support on this historic day for the club
Thursday, April 23rd, 2015
- The Over 30s A team lost 0-2 to Fernandes FC in New Bedford. A very early goal and a counter attack mid-way through the second half outdid Kendall
- The Over 30s B team lost 0-3 to United FC
- The Over 40s had a good 4-0 win against Nashoba Masters. Report can be found here
Report for the C's result last Saturday can be found here
Photos from last Saturdays First Division Derby can be seen below courtesy of Darren Skehan
Saturday, April 18th, 2015
Kendall v Kendall
- The A team and B team faced off in Danehy. A cagey encounter was edged by the A's 1-0. Francis Mulkern with the lone strike in the second half
- C team lost 0-4 to league new comers UNations FC. The score not reflective of how close the game was
- Over 30s A with a long trip to New Bedford to have Fernandes FC starting at 9:30 am
- Over 30s B are at home to United FC in Waltham. Game kicks off at 9am
- Over 40s debut occurs tomorrow at home to Nashoba Masters in Madison High at 10 am
Friday, April 17th, 2015
A huge weekend in store for the club, with all six sides in action for the first time this season.
The highlight will come on Saturday afternoon, when Kendall B host Kendall A in BSSL Division 1 at Danehy Park. With a socially friendly 2pm kick-off, it would be great to get as many club members out to support both teams.
Elsewhere on Saturday, the C side will be looking to build on their victory from last weekend when they face UNations FC in Waltham.
There will be another historic occasion on Sunday morning when the new Kendall Over 40s side make their belated competitive debut against Nashoba Masters. The game is at 10am at Madison Park High School (a short walk from the Roxbury Crossing T Stop). Again, any support for the veterans would be greatly appreciated.
Our two Over 30 sides are also in action on Sunday morning, with the As facing Fernandes FC in New Bedford, and the Bs taking on United FC in Waltham.
Best of luck to all sides.
BSSL Division 1: Kendall B v Kendall A, Danehy Park, Cambridge, 2pm
BSSL Division 3N: UNations FC v Kendall C, Veterans Field, 385 Forest St, Waltham, 3.30pm
OTHSL O30 Division 2S: Fernandes FC v Kendall A, Roosevelt Middle School, New Bedford, 9.30am
OTHSL O30 Division 4S: Kendall Wanderers B vs United FC, Veterans Field, 385 Forest St, Waltham, 9am
OTHSL O40 Division 6C: Kendall v Nashoba Masters, Madison Park High School, 90 Ruggles St, Boston, 10am
Sunday, April 12th, 2015
OTHSL Season Kick-Off
2 games took place today. Another mixed bag of results.
- Over 30s A team drew lost 3-2 to Taunton Eagles in Danehy. Jonah with two near identical lobs. Report here
- Over 30s B team with a great 7-1 victory in Brighton. Justin Teman, Chris Pierce and Ryan Cleverdon with two each. Radu Brestyan also chipped in
Saturday, April 11th, 2015
League Season Kick-Off
3 games took place today. A very mixed bag of results.
- A team drew 1-1 with The Playwright in Braintree. Deccie Hunter with the goal direct from a corner. Report here
- B team lost 0-2 to First Wave
- C team won 3-1 against Coastal United. Peter Kerr and David Kim with a brace on his debut with the goals. Report here
- Over 30s A at home to Taunton at Danehy Park at 8 am
- Over 30s B away to Brighton FC at Murray Field in Brighton at 8 am
- Over 40s game has been resche
Friday, April 10th, 2015
Early Season Kick-Off
It was a bad case of déjà vu for the Kendall C side as they exited the BSSL McKenzie Cup at the preliminary round stage at the hands of Inter Boston FC for the second season in a row.
After a winter of the harshest conditions, it was no surprise the elements were difficult, with a gale-force wind blowing across the Danehy Park pitch for the 90 minutes.
Kendall started the game with a core of players from last season, but there were a few fresh faces to bolster the ranks for new manager Sean Clifford.
One notable absentee was regular goalkeeper Steve Gage, with Chris Henderson deputizing in Gage's absence.
The first half was bereft of goalmouth action, with the best thing to be said about it that Kendall managed to get to the break level at 0-0. Wanderers began particularly sluggishly, though they did play themselves into the encounter after the opening 15 minutes.
The stalemate was eventually broken in the 55th minute, courtesy of a well-struck 20-yard free-kick from Inter Boston.
Kendall opted to chase the game by changing to a 3-5-2 formation with a quarter of an hour remaining. Unfortunately, the planned late surge was stopped almost immediately in its tracks by Inter Boston's game-clinching second goal.
A poor back pass put Henderson under severe pressure, and his rushed effort went straight to an opponent, who made no mistake from just seven yards out.
It was far from the start the Cs had been hoping to make. However, there were some positives to take from the 2-0 defeat, including the impressive displays of Justin MacFarlane at the back and Ivan Reilly in central midfield.
Clifford's charges will be hoping to bounce back with a win in their BSSL Division 3N opener against Coastal United next Saturday.
Indeed, all six Kendall teams are scheduled to kick off their league campaigns this coming weekend. These are exciting times for the club, as both our A and B sides will be competing in BSSL Division 1 following the latter's successful promotion season in 2014.
As great as it is to have two teams competing in the top tier of the BSSL, the impending debut of the club's first-ever Over 40s team is arguably more important.
The veterans will be looking for a historic first victory as they travel to face Needham FC in OTHSL Division 6C.